How the advice process works
The first rule of any relationship is trust and transparency.
By helping you to understand how we provide advice and what to expect helps you be feel comfortable about embarking on the journey with us.
Step 1 – Consultation
- It starts with a complimentary, no-obligation meeting with one of our professional representatives, who’ll begin to build a relationship with you and ask questions to ascertain your current financial situation, as well as your financial objectives, goals and needs.
- We will review your current financial circumstances, objectives and needs and from this, we’ll be able to determine which of our services you might benefit from and be appropriate for you.
Our initial fees will be discussed openly and confirmed with you.
Step 2 – Recommendation
- Based on the information you provide and discussions with one of our professional representatives and the scope of advice being sought, we’ll then prepare a detailed Statement of Advice (SOA) that presents recommended strategies and financial products, which are appropriate for you and in your best interests to enable you to achieve your goals.
- We will discuss the recommendations in our SOA with you and allow you some time to digest it and answer any queries you may have.
Our ongoing fees will be confirmed in our SOA and our service standards will be documented.
Step 3 – Implementation
- As dealing with financial institutions can be a nightmare, we will handle all the paperwork on your behalf, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Our recommendations will be implemented and your portfolio will be established.
You will be kept informed throughout the process.
Step 4 – Review
- When you set goals it is important to regularly check how you are tracking to meet them.
- If you choose to receive ongoing service from us we will catch up to discuss how your strategies are going as frequently each year as we have agreed is appropriate.
- If changes are required to keep you on track further advice will be provided.
We will help you understand your financial position.
Helping our clients achieve their financial goals is our ‘why’.
Knowing each other is key to the success of building trust in relationships, so we encourage open lines of communication.