Providing professional services for your regional business.
Agribusiness is one of this country’s industrial pillars and we value you. Hood Sweeney is a leading provider of professional services to regional business enterprises that are so significant to the South Australian economy.
Pre/Post Farm Gate.
What should you consider?
- Manage your cash flow effectively to sustain you through the off-season, as well as environment and economic challenges
- Combine your family business with traditional business rigours via a family board
- Innovative solutions to bring technology to the forefront of your business
- End to end reporting solutions to provide timely advice
- Accounting and tax compliance, tax planning and forecasting
- Estate, succession and retirement planning
- Remote communications and information technology services
- Farm equipment and vehicle finance, along with stock and crop funding and seasonal finance
- Set and identify measurable goals to accomplish in realistic timeframes
- Educate the next generation on the business of family farming.
Headed by dedicated leaders with experience in the industry, we understand how complex it can be to run a rural or farming enterprise, whether we’re talking about money or the vagaries of anything from the weather to international markets.
We have offices in Whyalla and Kadina which are supported by more than 120 staff in our Adelaide office.
Hood Sweeney is a long standing provider of financial service to the agribusiness community with our Head of Accounting, Scott Young and senior leaders Jim Pinkney, Matthew Bartemucci and Merridy Blue, having more than 50 combined years of experience in the industry.
We are a strong supporter of regional community groups and are committed to accelerating business growth, employment and development in the State’s agribusiness.
A real life journey.
The fourth generation family business.
For four generations, the Maitland family has farmed the Clare Valley.
With a new generation came a new idea: in 2011, they decided to make a range of wholegrain pasta from their own durum wheat under the Pangkarra Foods label.
Moving into production for the first time, they recognised they’d need some heavyweight help. That’s when they joined the journey with Hood Sweeney.
Hood Sweeney worked with the Maitland’s not only with their new venture but advised them on the bigger picture for their agricultural business.
We’ve gone through a significant transition from the 2005 era to now and we’ve needed a lot of help, Hood Sweeney has been that help.
Our industry alliances
Services provided by Hood Sweeney Accounting & Business Advisory ABN 30 007 696 595