For Accountants & Financial Advisers
Hood Sweeney’s SMSF Team is part of our larger Accounting & Business Advisory service offering, and can assist with the tax and compliance regulations associated with a Self-Managed Super Fund. We can also help with contribution and pension monitoring and provide online reporting, access for trustees, financial advisers and brokers.
Our business has 45+ years of experience and has assisted more than 850 SMSFs, with all work done from our head office in Adelaide, South Australia.
We have a link to ASF Audits – professional, qualified, independent, external Auditors, and also to legal professionals for document creation, review and implementation. Our fees are fixed and agreed to upfront.
The service we provide is based on:
- Our collaborative approach
- Our value-add by providing the knowledge to make the right decisions
- Our capabilities in delivering strategic advice and the expertise of our quality team
Services from our SMSF Team will include the following:
- SMSF administration (maintained via the Class Software platform – queries provided and resolved with your firm on an agreed basis - monthly / quarterly)
- Preparation and lodgement of Business Activity Statements (where applicable)
- Preparation and lodgement of TBA reporting (where applicable)
- Accounting and taxation services, specifically the preparation of annual financial statements and tax return
- Liaising with ASF Audits for the Annual compliance audit
- Preparation of ‘annual tax pack’ including a cover letter detailing potential opportunities and strategy ideas applicable for each client, to be considered by your firm
- 30 minute phone conference with your firm prior to presentation meeting to discuss key issues & opportunities
In addition, Hood Sweeney can offer your firm ‘fair & reasonable’ access to the Hood Sweeney Super Technical Team throughout the year to assist with timely discussions. This may include technical topics such as proposed contribution / pension advice you are providing to clients.
Hood Sweeney has an in-depth understanding of the superannuation industry. In addition to our own team member’s experience, we have access to qualified and experienced financial advisers through Hood Sweeney Securities Pty. Ltd. (ABN 40 081 455 165, AFSL 220897).
In the past decade, Hood Sweeney has developed a leading superannuation administration offering and this is now benefiting our 850 SMSF clients in the following ways:
Annual pension reviews (in the June quarter) to ensure compliance with minimum pension requirements
On-going ‘contribution cap monitoring’ to ensure clients and their advisers are aware of year-to-date contributions, to review/adjust current year contribution strategies
Up-to-date member information including balances for mid-year events (e.g. pensions, divorce, roll-overs, death of a member)
Members of the SMSF Team frequently present to industry groups such as WEA, the Australian Shareholders Association, LegalWise, and Taxation Institute of Australia.
Through strategic relationships, we enjoy ties with local, regional, and interstate share brokers and accounting firms (including Taylor Collison in South Australia and Sydney, as well as our SA regional offices in Whyalla, Kadina and Clare).