There’s a silver lining for your business in the cloud. Who’s looking after you?
There’s an old saying that information is power. And it still holds true.
That’s why the notion of cloud accounting is so compelling.
Before now, even the best accounting software could only reveal how your business was tracking as one frozen moment in time. Frustratingly, it’s been like seeing intermittent snapshots.
But in a 24/7, online world that’s changing from moment to moment, how much more effective would your accounting information be if you could see a live-feed of it?
And how much more power would you have to get the edge over any competition that doesn’t have this technology?
Accounting software that uses the cloud is becoming the killer app for small-and-medium-sized business owners, allowing them to access their financial information anytime and anywhere.
It also means you spend less time on compliance and more time spotting opportunities.
Collaborate in the cloud
Bringing more heads to your books is easy with Xero.
Just give us access and we’ll log in, look at your numbers and give advice.
It’s perfect for spotting opportunities and nipping problems in the bud, swiftly and easily.
You can access your accounts, check your balances, upload receipts and invoice customers from your smartphone or tablet with Xero’s iPhone or Android app, while you’re on the road or having a quiet coffee.
Reconcile from anywhere
Xero receives your bank statements automatically via a secure connection, making it easy to reconcile and gain a complete and up-to-date snapshot of your business before you’ve left the breakfast table.
And if something doesn’t look right, you can leave a comment so we can log in and give you a quick health check.
Xero is an accounting and payroll solution rolled into one, making manual entry a thing of the past. Super payments and tax updates are automatic, plus a special portal gives you a complete snapshot of your payroll and leave.
Invoicing helps you get paid faster.
With Xero, you can log in and send an invoice the minute a job is done.
You’ll then be notified when your customer opens the invoice, and they have the option of paying you on-line right away.
Integration with business applications.
Xero integrates with more than 400 business apps, including:
- Fathom for financial analysis, reporting, benchmarking and consolidation;
- Deputy for employee scheduling, time and attendance management;
- Vend for point-of-sale and inventory management;
- CorePlus for health-practice management;
- Cliniko, which is another alternative for health-practice management; and
- WorkflowMAX for client, job and document management.
We’ll provide an umbrella for all your cloud accounting
Like any software, output is only as good as the input it gets. (You must have heard the computer expression ‘GIGO’: garbage in; garbage out.)
And that’s where the wise heads at Hood Sweeney come into the picture, by integrating our traditional accounting and business advisory services with cloud accounting you can get the most out of it.
With Hood Sweeney, you have at your disposal outsourced bookkeeping including:
- Bank reconciliations;
- Invoicing and debtors;
- Purchases and payments;
- Payroll and superannuation;
- Financial reporting;
- Management reporting;
- Taxation compliance and reporting;
- Key performance indicators/ dashboard reporting;
- Taxation advice and business structuring;
- Budgeting, cash-flow forecasting and financial modelling;
- Merger, acquisition and divestment support; and
- Strategic business planning and performance coaching.
How we plan your journey into the cloud
At Hood Sweeney, we share a journey with every one of our clients.
By getting to know you as a person, we understand your needs, your hopes, your fears and your dreams.
And with each passing year we find new ways to make those dreams a reality by adding new resources, intelligence and staying on the crest of our industry’s innovation.
Cloud accounting is a great example of that.
While it does require a transition, with careful planning to limit the impact on your day-to-day operations, we can make it less of a rocky road and more of a seamless journey for your business.
Our specialist team has their heads in the cloud but their feet on the ground
Hood Sweeney has a dedicated team of people who will help you make the transition to cloud accounting, from the planning phase through implementation to ongoing support.
Each is an experienced specialist in their individual role.
Together, they ensure we are not only at the forefront of cloud technology but are confident we can provide you with the best service available.
The benefits of cloudy thinking
Like any business decision, putting your business through such a major transition needs a cost/ benefit analysis.
(As your accountants, it’s the first question we would ask.)
Having already considered this scenario for a number of our clients, we are confident that combining Hood Sweeney’s suite of services with cloud accounting has the power to exceed your expectations. Just some of the key benefits include:
- Real-time, highly accurate information leads to better decision making;
- You have 24/7 access anywhere on any device;
- All the software installations, IT maintenance and upgrades are done for you, at source;
- You can collaborate with us, as your advisors, in real time;
- We have the ability to monitor every aspect of your business;
- You’ll derive greater value from the Hood Sweeney services we already provide;
- You’ll have more time to focus on your business;
- More time to spend with your family; and
- And more time to spend doing what you love.
Most of all, however, you will have the peace of mind that your business’s financial information is in the best hands, utilising the best technology to take your operation to the next level.